September 8, 2016
Posted by on
Magician Bob Eaton with two willing volunteers.
It was great to see our friend from Hillsboro Optimist Club Bill French. He notified us that we are an Honor Club for the current year. He also encouraged us to participate in finding hole sponsors for their gold tournament on September 16th.
- Today is “Back to School Bash” at the Aloha Farmers’ Market, 3-7:30 PM.
- The ABA Luncheon is today at 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM.
- Sunday, 9/11 @ 2:00 PM will be a brief time of remembrance at the 9/11 Memorial in Veteran’s Memorial Park, Beaverton.
- Monday, Sept. 12th is the Board meeting, 6:30 PM
- Saturday, Sept. 17th is Murray road cleanup. Meet at the K-Mart parking lot at 8:30 AM for coffee & donuts. Please let Wally know if you are planing to come. We need about three more bodies.
- Installment Dinner @ the Chrisman’s on Saturday, Sept. 24th, 3-7 PM.
- Bruce Buffington announced he is retiring as chair of the NWBSC. Come to their board meeting on October 20th, 6:30 PM to recognize Bruce’s service of 22 yrs.
- Susan showed us a plastic bag with her photography on it. It will be used to market other such bags. Good job Susan! It would be nice to get some of these to give to our breakfast speaker and place our mug in them.
- Raffle winner last week was Marv T. He wasn’t here to collect. This weeks winner was Roger Hampton. It was apparently rigged because our speaker is his friend and drew the winning number for him. So if you need a loan, see Roger.
Hope you enjoy the Good Neighbor activities in Beaverton this weekend.
See you next time.
September 2, 2016
Posted by on
Our breakfast speaker this morning was Massoud Jourabchi with the Northwest Power and Conservation Council. We learned a lot about the history, current, and future projected use and demand of energy. He is a friend and neighbor of Michael Stack. Massoud is from Iran and will probably be asked to come back and tell us about his home country.
It was great to see a good number of members out this morning.
- Bob Day’s son, Sam Day, recently died of bone cancer (Bob is with the Portland Police Bureau). Roger Hampton knows the family and had Sam in one of his classes at Sunset Presbyterian Church. There are a number of stories and videos about Sam. Just do a web search. There is a lot of expense with his treatment so Roger said folks can make a donation. Contract Roger.
- Next Thursday is the Aloha Business Association Luncheon @ 11:30 AM. Farmer’s Market is featuring a “Back to School Bash” that day, 3:00 PM – 7:30 PM.
- Please check the Calendar on our Website to learn about other upcoming events.
The raffle winner today was Marv Thompson. I guess that means we’ll see him two weeks in a row!
Roger Whitaker announced that some wood was sold and the proceeds amounted to around $500. Thanks Roger, Jack, and Bob A. There is still more wood available. We also plan to be at the last two Saturday markets to sell wood in conjunction with our scout troop.
SEE EVERYONE NEXT WEEK! GO OUT AND SHARE OPTIMISM!